Thursday, April 5, 2018

Praying for Ministry Partners


How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them?  And how can anyone preach unless they are sent? As it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!”                                                             
Romans 10:14-15


When I was 16 years of age, I first felt God calling me into missionary service.  Although I greatly struggled with that calling initially, while attending university, I committed my life to God and agreed to follow His call on my life wherever it may lead.  Since then, that calling has taken me on quite the journey over the last 20 years. 

During the last six years, God’s calling has brought me to Northern Canada, where the population among Indigenous people has exploded with over one million people living in isolated areas.  Roughly half of those people are under the age of 14.  These children and youth are facing worldly influences and challenges that often lead them to hopelessness and despair.  Sunday school, Christian youth programs and regular worship services are rarely available. 

There is currently an entire generation of children and youth that have not been taught the hope that is theirs through Jesus.  


Yet, there is a strong desire for The Gospel.  In all of the places we minister, one statement made by many in the communities, including Chief and council members, is “You come back anytime and as often as you can.”

During my time in the North, the burden on my heart to see the lost saved and to see those that are hurting and broken find love, healing, forgiveness, and peace in Christ has only intensified.  

However, without a team of people partnering with me in ministry through prayer and financial support, none of this would have been possible.  I am writing this because I need your help to continue in this ministry.


Three years ago my life changed when I met Linnea Salte, who I quickly found out also had a heart for people and seeing the lost saved.  We began dating and in May 2017 we were married.  I am very excited to be able to share this ministry calling with someone else. 

However, since our marriage, my budget at MAF has been increased to accommodate an increase in housing allowance and benefits as well as the change from being single to a married couple. 

I thank the Lord for all those that have supported this ministry so far, however, with the increase in budget, we are in need of an additional $2400 per month to continue our work.

We both desire to continue doing God’s work in the mission field, but, just as Paul outlined in Romans, we cannot go unless we are sent.  Just as we have made a commitment to go, we are asking God to lead us to people who will pray about making a commitment to send us, by supporting this ministry through regular financial support. 


We are fervently praying that God will meet the remainder of this need before the summer, when our work up north begins to increase considerably. 

Would you consider being an answer to our prayers so that we can continue in this ministry to those who desperately need to know of God’s overwhelming love?

Would you prayerfully consider making a commitment to partnering with us through regular financial support of $50, $100, or $200 per month?

To support our ministry with MAF, please go to www.mafc.org/missionaries/anstey.

Your support would not only meet the financial goals we need to continue, it would be an incredible encouragement to us as we minister in some of the most spiritually challenging communities in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment